Thursday, November 19, 2009

Chuck Klosterman

Killing Yourself To Live was an interesting book. The idea of him telling a story that's as he states 85% true is very intriguing. The strengths of the text are that it is very entertaining and interesting. A weakness of the text is how it jumps around from memory to memory not always flowing the absolute greatest. My overall impression is that it is very interesting and very captivating for a specific audience. If one does not like music or history in that sense it's probably not the book to read for them. I would recommend this book as I previously stated to those who have atleast a slight interest in music, and music stars of the past. Anyone can read it but I believe it takes on more meaning to those with a passion for it.

2 comments:

  1. I think your book recommendations are good. I think someone who actually knew these bands would have had a much better read because the bands would have meant something. I also agree with the 85% true part, it's kind of what makes the story interesting knowing that it's a "mostly" true story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the recommendation... If someone knows a history of music then this book might be interesting for them since he makes so many references towards it. I also think that it doesn't flow great due to the fact that he jumps around so much.

    ReplyDelete